Health Record Corporation, creator of MedKaz®, was established in 2006 when most care providers kept hand-written or typed records of their patient encounters in file folders lining the walls of their offices. Doctors exchanged their patients’ records by fax. And patients never saw their records.
Our first generation MedKaz system introduced two major innovations, eliminated the need for doctors to fax records, and ensured the patient’s complete record was available at the point of care. It was patented in 2007. This first generation system is still available today for care providers who prefer paper records.
- It enabled care providers to combine their paper records with an electronic system, then electronically search and access specific handwritten or typed notes when treating their patients. (It also enabled them to manage aspects of their practice electronically.)
- It changed the focus of record-sharing from trying to connect care provider silos via health information exchanges (HIEs) to giving the patient control of all his/her records. It assembled copies of the hybrid paper-electronic records from all the patient’s providers, and the application to manage them, on a MedKaz mini drive which the patient owned and shared with their doctors when they needed care.
We introduced the second generation MedKaz system in 2012, when most care providers were scrambling to install government-financed EMR systems and meet “meaningful use” requirements.
- It assembles a patient’s now-fully-electronic records from all their providers on the patient’s MedKaz and increases provider efficiency and effectiveness as they examine and treat their patient.
- Following each visit, providers continue to enter their progress notes into their EMR system, NOT their patient’s MedKaz. Their staff — manually or automatically — uploads a pdf copy of the progress notes and any other documents used during the visit, to our MedKaz Server, or sends them to us to do so. Our Server makes them searchable and emails the patient to download them onto their MedKaz.
Our third generation MedKaz system, introduced in 2019, established MedKaz as a communication platform as well as a repository of a patient’s lifetime health record. It added an extraordinary, groundbreaking feature that enables a patient to share his/her records with their doctors and anyone else they choose within 24 hours of a visit. For the first time:
- a patient’s primary care physician (PCP) and other doctors who treat him/her for the same illness can catch a mistake before the patient is harmed or unnecessary costs are incurred.
- loved-ones, care givers or others, can read the patient’s doctor’s notes and help them manage their care.
- care provider practices, clinics and hospitals running different EMR systems in the same Accountable Care Organization (ACO) can easily exchange patient records and generate substantial profits.