The MedKaz Green Drive plays an integral role during a patient’s encounter with their care provider—whether the care provider keeps paper charts or has an EMR system.
The entire process is streamlined for both patients and providers. It is easy to use and requires limited manual data entry. Where possible, forms are pre-populated, dates calculated, lists, drop-down menus and checkboxes provided. Special dictionaries are even used to ensure data is captured correctly.
Purchase, Setup, Past Records
- Patient purchases MedKaz Green Drive from medkaz.com or amazon.com and subscribes to Update & Support Services.
- Patient activates MedKaz and completes Setup Procedure. Enters personal, administrative and medical information, and names of current and important past care providers.
- Patient completes automated Request Records procedure. It generates two pre-populated documents for each provider, a Request for Records and a HIPAA Release, which he signs and sends to his providers. They instruct and authorize providers to send copies of his records to Health Record Corporation (HRC).
- HRC indexes all records, including paper records, to make them electronically searchable, then e-mails patient to download his records. When he has done so, HRC erases them from the MedKaz Server.
Use With Providers
- Patient schedules appointment and, at home, completes the pre-visit questionnaire (PVQ) on his MedKaz Green Drive. It describes reasons/complaints and lists medications he is actually taking. (It is stored on MedKaz as a Complaint Report.)
- Patient arrives at provider’s office and either gives MedKaz to his doctor or waits until she asks about his care from other doctors or wants to see past progress notes, lab tests or imaging studies.
- When Provider logs on, patient enters his password. MedKaz opens displaying documents waiting for her, including a current Health Summary (including current meds list from PVQ), a Referral Request (if it is a referral), and a Complaint Report (if patient completed PVQ). They are displayed as PDF documents in a browser.
- Provider reads these waiting documents, talks to and examines patient. As needed, she sorts, searches for and reads copies of actual progress notes, lab reports, radiology reports and images stored on MedKaz Green Drive. This enables her to coordinate patient’s care with his other providers, avoid mistakes, and preclude unnecessary or redundant tests.
- If provider wants to download another provider’s record from her patient’s MedKaz, patient gives permission by entering his password and record downloads to provider’s computer.
- Provider completes her assessment and plan, and signs her progress notes. Her assistant uploads them and other relevant documents to MedKaz Server for indexing and processing. HRC pays the provider (or her employer) for doing so. (This increases the provider’s income and aligns her interest in having access to her patient’s complete record, with the patient’s interest in having his MedKaz updated and current at all times.)
- Patient receives e-mail when searchable digitized records of the encounter, test results, etc. are ready and downloads them to his MedKaz Green Drive. If provider keeps paper records, she can download the same digitized records to her Patient Record Manager (PRM).